Listening to podcasts has in a way changed my life. I used to loathe folding laundry, washing dishes, cooking and showering. (Yes I am an adult). Now I find these tasks less mundane and more bearable by listening to podcasts.
I have a sort of eclectic list and it changes every so often. So as of this moment here is a list of my favorites in order of loved the most to meh 🤷🏻♀️.
1) Don’t Keep Your Dayjob– a pretty new podcast with only a few episodes so far. It’s motivational and informative and basically about turning your passion into profit.
2) The Adventure Zone— NOT FAMILY FRIENDLY. Lots of cursing and adult humor but pretty funny. The brothers from the podcast “My Brother, My Brother and Me” get together with their dad and play a role-playing Dungeons and Dragons type game, although there have been no dungeons or dragons in the episodes I’ve listened to.
3) We got this–Hal and Mark and sometimes a guest resolve important issues like which is better, coffee or tea, or who is the best super hero. Funny and family friendly.
4) Here to make friends— Bachelor and Bachelorrette podcast. Nothing more needs to be said.
5) Dear Hank and John— My first podcast I have ever subscribed to. Brothers John Green and Hank Green from the YouTube Crash Course videos answer questions and are usually funny.
6) Stuff You Missed in History Class— A podcast from HowStuffWorks. A super intelligent podcast that goes into details of historical events we don’t hear about in school, which is A LOT.
7) NPR politics— This podcast dropped in my list since Trump became president. I was hooked during the elections. After the election I kinda had to step away from Facebook, Twitter and the news even. It has all been so negative all the time. NPR is supposed to be unbiased but I’m finding these journalists to be a little too snarky lately.
8) Focus on the family –I pick and choose which ones to listen to. They release a new one everyday and they are fairly short. There is a plethora of episodes regarding every familial topic.
9) Masterpiece Studio–Another podcast where I pick and choose what I listen to. I liked the episodes where the creators and stars of Downton and Sherlock were interviewed.
10) Eleanor Ampliphied–KID PODCAST This podcast is a WHYY PBS creation geared towards kids. Their first season they only did 6 episodes in the summer. It’s pretty cute.
There are a few more on my list, mostly history related, and a couple I keep meaning to listen to and haven’t yet.
What podcasts do you like?